Sunday, November 15, 2009

Glogster 2.0 is here- New and improved!

While it is very hard to pick just one, Glogster Edu is probably my favorite Web 2.0 tool. It is AMAZING! I love the fact that they have an edu section very different than the regular glogster.com. (Make sure students and parents understand this difference) They seek input from teachers and really listen. They have adjusted their galleries slightly to reflect a more school friendly environment. (Though there is still a very benign animated .gif of a boy and girl giving each other a kiss that every single student will find within 45 seconds of being on the site.) They have just upgraded to Glogster 2.0 in which teachers can add or delete students, reset passwords, moderate comments, and now students can only privately message the teacher as opposed to having the ability to message each other.
My parents and students alike love the e-portfolios my students make on glogster. I love to embed our class project glogs on our wiki. They look so impressive, and yet they are so simple to create. I have started turning more and more of the glog making to my third graders. At first, I made all the class project glogs. It's like scrap booking!



Then I started letting them type in the text.


Now I have started letting them make the whole glog. Like this one:



While they aren't quite as aesthetically pleasing, the kids love having ownership over it. It is also fun to see how some students do have a very natural knack for design. Check out this very nicely student designed glog.

Of course I don't totally give up my glog making hobby. Here is my most recent glog for our wiki:


Head on over to http://edu.glogster.com/ and get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment